Monday, December 7, 2015

Immaculate Conception


Immaculate Virgin Mary, you were pleasing in the sight of God from the first moment of your conception in the womb of your mother, Saint Anne.

You were chosen to be the Mother of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.  I believe the teaching of Holy Mother Church, that in the first instant of your conception, by the singular grace and privilege of Almighty God, in virtue of the merits of Jesus Christ, Savior of the human race and your beloved Son, you were preserved from all stain of original sin.  I thank God for this wonderful privilege and grace He bestowed upon you as I honor your Immaculate Conception.

Look graciously upon me as I implore this special favor:  (Mention your request).

Virgin Immaculate, Mother of God and my Mother, please intercede for me as these prayers now rise before God.  Filled with confidence in your goodness and power, I ask you to help me in this journey of life and to preserve me from all that is displeasing to God.  I entrust myself entirely to you, knowing that you will help me to avoid sin and to always live a humble and pure life.  I consecrate myself to you forever, for my firm desire is to love your Divine Son Jesus.  Mary, since those devoted to you have never been known to perish, pray that I too may be saved.

Amen.

Novena Prayer in Honor of the Immaculate Conception

Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed and may be edited before publication.