Monday, April 11, 2011

Reflections on a Journey

Dear Friends:

Thanks be to God for bringing us together on a journey of faith!  With your support and encouragement I have discerned the Lord’s call to offer reflections on blessings received as well as experiences shared during more than twenty (20) years of service to the Universal Church and women around the world.  By the grace of the Holy Spirit I hope these writings will present opportunities to continue to grow in faith, hope and love.

In 1996 I began my service as the National Council of Catholic Women (NCCW) Representative and USA Board Member of the World Union of Catholic Women’s Organizations (WUCWO).  Early in my term I had the privilege to meet Cardinal Agostino Cacciavillan, who was then the Apostolic Nuncio to the USA.  His Eminence kept in contact these many years and has been very affirming of my work for the Church.  He has graciously referred to me as the "apostolic lady,” and I think the title is appropriate for this presentation of ideas.   I am thankful to him and each one of my dear family and friends who has accompanied me in spirit and prayer.

Please let me know if indeed you would like to subscribe to “The Apostolic Lady” or receive an occasional message from me based on scripture, spiritual writings, teachings or other riches of the Church. 

As members of “one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church” we are sent by Christ to be His witnesses to the ends of the earth.  May we share incredible peace and joy as we discover the beauty and prophetic character of fidelity to the Gospel and faithfulness to the Church’s Magisterium. 

God bless you!